July 25, 2013
July 24, 2013
July 23, 2013
July 22, 2013
2. I do not like when adults especially parents forget what it’s like to have kids. It’s seems to me some seem to have short memories and are the first to complain when kids have a temper tantrum or cry in public. You know who you are dagger eye throwers! I don’t know about you but my kids were not angels; are you shocked?? And since they did not come with instructions we learned together, oh the horror. Glass houses people, glass houses. Next time you see a kid meltdown in your local store or restaurant. Take a moment to remember.
3. People just don’t see and respect the elderly as much as they should. Please hold the door open for my 85 year old mother if you see her standing there with her cane. And that goes for all the elderly who appreciate the kindness and even a hello and how do you do. Older people deserve the respect and do not appreciate having doors closed on their faces; but adore a bit of polite attention.
4. Excuse-rs get a grip. Take personal responsibility for what you do and say crying out loud. Stop the dumb excuses. Nobody wants to hear you!
5. I get bothered when people are rude or when they say hurtful things to workers like waitresses, waiters, bartenders and check out people in the market. (basically minimum wage workers) who work harder than you can imagine for very little pay. If it's their view that these jobs which are to serve somehow gives them the right to treat these workers as servants thus subservient then they're SO wrong. To me they're just rude bullies.
July 21, 2013
July 20, 2013
July 19, 2013
July 17, 2013
My friend Paula is doing a July Blog Challenge. If you click on the link below the banner that says Paula's Place it will take you to her blog if you'd like to join. If you click here it will take you to the list of daily topics for the month also at her blog..
Tell us seven random facts about yourself.
- I'm the only girl and the middle child.
- Other than my morning coffee I do not consume caffeine drinks at any other time of the day. The reason is that I found I sleep better without the added stimulation.
- I love to cook and I do so pretty much every day.
- I suffer from chronic migraines and have since I was in my twenties. Now that I'm over 50 they're getting a bit better but I still get one or two a month. (with daily medication)
- I'm a bit of a clean freak. Or rather I should say I'm one of those freaks that likes to clean. It makes me calm.
- The three places I'd like to visit on vacation are... Prince Edward Island, Canada, Cork Ireland and Yvignac-la-Tour, (Brittany) France. My grandparents or other ancestors are from these places.
- I am a court appointed Guardian for a Intellectually Disabled Adult who is a family friend.
July 10, 2013
I'm on my smart phone so I'm not sure I have this is going to come out.
My DSL is still not working. so to keep myself busy, I've been pickling vegetables. I've done 9 quarts of beets.
Then tragedy of all tragedies one of our tomatoes fell over and we couldn't get it to stand again so; I made eight quarts of pickled tomatoes. Four different varieties. (Basic pickle, hot, garlic. & curried)
The phone guy is supposed to to come tomorrow. hopefully! He better because I'm running out of vegetables that need pickling!!
I'll get to comments once my DSL is back.
July 6, 2013
Being a typical Pieces and lover of any and all things related to the ocean however there was someone who entered my mind when mulling over this question. He might seem rather untraditional in the sense of celebrity but I think he's great.
It was Jacques Cousteau.
If you're not familiar with him he was a wonderful explorer, conservationist, filmmaker, scientist, photographer and author who studied the sea and the creatures living in it. Gosh I remember being a kid glued to his documentaries on T.V. What an amazing man he was!
July 5, 2013
Independence Day is a rough holiday for me . On the third of July seven years ago our daughter Gretchen 30 and our son Eric 23 were killed in a horrible accident here on the highways of Virginia.
As I reflect on my loss I cannot do so without also reflecting on the many blessings of our family, friends and a faith that continue to lift me up and give me strength.
This part of the challenge was a no brainer for me. He not only makes my day but he is my rock.
My husband Bill...
|Bill standing in our tomato garden.|
July 4, 2013
War, poverty and prejudice...Is one more insidious than the other? What I know is the world would be a much better place without them. I honestly can't say if one is the root cause of the other two but I have my suspicions that at the very least they're connected at the hip. I honestly can't say if one were eradicated if that would relieve the peoples of the world in whole or in part of the others. That's for you to judge.
That being said since I have worked with the poor in the past and that is not only my history but where my heart is.
My choice is I would rid the world of poverty.
July 3, 2013
July 2, 2013
July 1, 2013
I find the problem with taking those types of blogging breaks especially right on top of my vacation in the Bahamas is it's really hard to get back into the routine of blogging.
Especially with the hot lazy days of summer here. Lazy being the key word here!
Anyhoo...I did check out a few blogs that I read regularly since I've returned and my friend Paula is doing a July Blog Challenge. If you click on the link below the banner it will take you to her blog. If you click here it will take you to the list of topics for the month also at her blog..
I think it's a perfect way to get back into the swing of things for July. If you'd like to join us, here's her link below, all are welcome!
- To keep up with picking the weeds in the gardens.
- To keep up with the vegetables in the garden. Sometimes the heat and bugs make it tempting to skip a day of picking and that's just a waste of good veggies.
- To read more books. I've gotten out of the habit of reading the past 7 years but I really need to buckle down and read more.
- Exercise, the treadmill is collecting dust!
- Do a bit of entertaining. Invite some couples that we are friends with over for dinner. We just don't do enough of that any more.