June 4, 2014

when life trumps blogging

I have over the course of the past month received  more than a few concerned emails and comments about where the heck I've been.
Thanks my friends I appreciate your concern.
I'm fine, really.
Just taking a break.
Lots going on.
Here's the skinny.


We still have a full house here. My step daughter and her family are due to move out within the next month or maybe a bit more. Everyone's working full time, and he's gotten all of his immigration/work stuff worked out. We're busy helping out picking up the slack with the kids, taking care of Mom who's doing great at 86 and getting in a trip now and then so I can fulfill my guardian obligations.

 Having kids in the house again, having homework time, dinnertime, bedtime keeps me so tired busy that I don't seem to be able to carve out a regular time out to attend to this blog. I can't imagine however not getting right back to it once we have the house back to ourselves. Any extra time I have quite frankly I've been putting into planting my vegetable gardens.

And then there's the other stuff, the not so good, and down right sad stuff.

My cat Cheetah, the cat from my "B" post on A-Z was hit by a car and died. Poor thing wandered out into the street and didn't stand a chance. And if you've ever wondered if cats mourn, they do. His brother Tarzan, sat a the front door for a week waiting for Cheetah to come home, when he didn't he then laid on the couch for two weeks barely eating.

I lost my Aunt Paula who was very dear to me in recently. We had a very special relationship starting back when I was a small girl and blossomed as I became an adult into one of love, friendship and mutual respect. I will miss more than I can say. I'm just so darn sad that she's gone.

Then as you know I am a legal guardian for a  lady (with intellectual disabilities) who is a dear family friend, lets call her B. B's Dad passed away 17 months ago and her mother entered into a rest home. Sadly, her mother, passed away last week. B knew her Mom was getting ready to "go to heaven" to be with her Dad and we did our best to prepare her for that.  When I told her her mother died  I asked her if she was sad, upset or mad. My thought was to try to encourage her to use her limited verbal skills to express her feelings. She looked at me and said, " I'm happy, they're together."  She's an amazing woman.



13 comments:

  1. I am glad to see that you are okay and still blogging. It sounds like you have a really full plate. I know exactly what that feels like :) Sad about your cat. Sad about you Aunt Paula. B sounds like she has an amazing ability to understand death. Take care of Yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about so many sad losses, but good to hear that other things are looking better. Sometimes it seems like when we have the most to share or tell about, those are the times we just don't have the time and energy to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jen, wow, so much! I can imagine how challenging it is to have young ones around; I think I'd be tired too. I think that's why God has people have their babies younger rather than older. I am sorry about all the passings in your life; sad to see how the cat mourned, sorry your dear aunt passed, said about B's mother passing, but glad she could grasp the concept her parents were together. I hope your next update won't be too far in the future, but totally understand it might need to be.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! You're back! I did think your family life had taken over but it was because you started A-Z and stopped suddenly and I began to worry. You're right about life taking over. I'm so glad things are sorting themselves out it must be so hectic but you will miss them. Poor cat I'm so sorry and for Tarzan too you so wish you could explain to them. We had an old dog who died and we let the younger one see her body,she sniffed her,stepped backwards and howled then shook herself and that was that. She watched as we buried the old one head nearly in the hole then brought her ball to play. If only we could all be like that. Sorry about your aunt,I had an aunt just like that,like a second mother it's so hard to bear. B's reaction shows maybe a hidden understanding of things you thought she wouldn't grasp. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well hello, Jen!
    Good to see you here and hear that you have been 'swamped' with life! It can do that to us at times,
    A full house can be a life-changer but one I am sure has its pluses.
    Sorry to hear about B's parents. Her response was very understanding and uncluttered.
    Take care Jen and see you when again whenever you can spare, or find, some time.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for all the sad news Jen. But I am glad you have carved out some time for yourself in your vegetable garden. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen - you certainly have a lot going on .. and blogging does take time - so can quite understand your absence and continued state thus ...

    I am sorry about Cheetah ... and yes they do grieve don't they ... so I feel for Tarzan ...

    Sorry about your aunt Paula and then your friend, whom you care for ... what a wonderful sentiment to hear ... that's great and uplifting for many of us.

    Enjoy the family with you .. takes your mind off things ... and look after yourself and all others ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jen, so sorry for your losses. That's too many in the past month. Take time for yourself, gardening is good therapy. Hopefully the summer will offer some peaceful days. Sending some hugs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much going on, Jen. Life certainly trumps blogging in many occasions. Thanks for checking in. I hope there are some more peaceful times ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry for all you are going through with the loss of your aunt and cat. I do know cats mourn as my white cat died and his best bud would not eat and eventually we had to put him to sleep. So sad! I hope life gets more normal soon. Miss you in the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Jen. I read along, up then down on the emotional rollercoaster...and then that last line. Ultimately, uplifting. Hang in there. Sending you peace, a hug, and some positive energy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...lots going on Jen! You're out & I'm back. My blog's name is changed though.... Artist - Sonya M. Jones...Reflections of My Art and Soul. I will keep you & your family in prayer. So sorry to hear about you cat. I do hope Tarzan is doing better now. Sorry to hear about the passing of your Aunt as well. Sending you a virtual hug laced with peace & solitude. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always interested in what you have to say...
Comments are appreciated!