February 2, 2011

FREAK DAY

It was 71 degrees today here in Virginia, a freak day since most of the country is covered with the feet of snow. One day of nice weather and the daffodils are popping up out of the soil on the side of my garage, I can’t believe it. I have a touch of spring fever and it’s only February. For here it's even really unseasonably warm.

My baby brother is up in New York, part of his job is being “the plow guy” which translates into- not slept all winter!
It’s been a rough winter for all my northern family  Now that I'm in the south and I tend to forget how crappy it can be up there during the long snowy winters. I will however resist the urge to rub it in, simply because the next storm will probably drop 18 inches on my house if I do!

One day of decent sunshine and I’m thinking about beach vacations. That would be in the Outer Banks in April by the way... and gardening. Both things my husband and I are getting to be very good at as our nest is empty for the past few years. That is if you don't count the three cats.

It's still way too early to do anything yet outside. But we're planning, more tomatoes, the beets were great last year so we'll do much more this season. Plenty of cucumbers so I can make pickles, dill and sweet, and of course, the potatoes go in on St Patty's day provided the ground isn't too wet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested in what you have to say...
Comments are appreciated!