February 19, 2011

Getting to know me- ten random things

I've been blogging for less than a month now, and I enjoy it very much. I know there are tons of things I don't know- stuff I need to learn about how to be a better more well rounded blogger, how to get people to read my blog,  about comments, become followers all that stuff. I thought if those of you who actually do read so far might like to get to know me a little better. And I hope for those of you that have come and visited from time to time, you might consider following  or leaving a comment so that I can visit you as well. Anyway, here some random stuff about me that came to mind this morning so you can get a better idea of the kind of person I am- with a few pictures added.

1)  I was born in New York City.

NYC

2) I love to cook but rarely use recipes when doing so. Boy does this cause a problem for me when someone asks how I made something- I can tell them all the ingredients but never exact measurements. I'll usually have to make what ever it is just to provide an exact recipe.

3)  I cry at parades - can't help it- dumb huh?

4) My favorite t.v. shows are Bones, Criminal Minds, Lie to Me and The Closer. I also love the show on the history channel called American Pickers, have you seen it? These guys go around and buy peoples old stuff, which amounts to valuable junk- very good show.

5) I'm a morning person now. I used to be able to stay up late and sleep in; I swear you hit 50 and  bedtime becomes a big thing again- boy I need to get a life!!

6)  I never skimp on good linens for the beds in my house, there is nothing better than a great nights sleep in a comfy bed with great sheets- soft comforter or quilt.

7) This is my #1 favorite group picture of my kids.

 they're having so much fun!


8) I have four grandchildren 3 boys and 1 girl

9) Given the choice I will always pick salty over sweet. I'm a chips gal, cookies and cake are o.k but chips and pretzels are my preference.

10) My favorite food is Italian -  give me a bowl of any pasta and I'm in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested in what you have to say...
Comments are appreciated!