This episode was orchestrated ( i can hardly believe it) by his kindergarten teacher who decided it would be an instructive lesson to show this 6yr. old alleged bully what it fell like to be bullied. So she lined all his friends and classmates up and instructed them to hit him to teach him this lesson. Those kids who didn't want to participate were forced to participate against their will.
Lesson- 1 I will teach you to deal with a bully by engaging in a violent act against your will.
( this child is alleged to be a bully)
Lesson- 2 I am a trained professional a "teacher" certified by the state to educate children better then parents. Oh that's right, I was fired....sorry!
Ugh! As a parent of 5 and a grandparent 5 I cannot tell you how disturbing it is to me to hear how this child and indeed the other 24 children in this class were treated by a trusted adult. She has failed miserably as a role model, to teach the children appropriately and to keep them safe.
I think we all know and if we don't we need to be reminded how impressionable and vulnerable our children are at the age of 6. The very thought that this person had even a passing impact on any child is frightening.
Now if all of this wasn't frightening enough, take a look at a small sample of the comments below, I read them while checking out this story and decided to share snip-its of what could only be described as rabid dogs on a fresh piece of meat.
- Bullies, begins in the home, where's the line to slap the parents?.......
- The kids must not have hit him too hard if he didn't have a single mark after being slapped 24 times....
- The mother destroyed the teacher's career but she still has her little demon to raise. If a few years, she can visit him in prison. Who will she blame then?.............
- I'd bet Aiden is one very spoiled rotten, cruel little jerk ... the teacher should not be banned from teaching over this ... if you don't believe there are just evil little 6 year olds, just sit in on a few kindergarten and first grade classes and you'll be able to spot 'em without much difficulty ... pity that teachers can't simply kick these really disruptive and bully-type kids outta public schools for extended periods. Far better to expel a few awful students who, through their behavior, are thieves stealing any chance for learning ... and they are stealing that chance from their classmates ... Far better to "boot out" a few bad kids than a teacher.
- I think they should let 24 teachers line up and slap the mother of this little punk. Sounds like mama's little man should be allowed to do anything he wants. The teacher who came up with this idea has set up a really good teaching environment. Life is tough little guy and every thing you do has a payback, for better or worse.
Regarding teachers actions, I would be very concerned if she entered the classroom again, furthermore it wouldn't surprise me in the least if she didn't face some type of criminal charges for her actions on top of her dismissal from her teaching position.
It seems the majority of the adults (anonymous comments) seem to think the teacher deserves a pass. I have some strong opinions about anonymous comments and the people who write crap hiding behind a mask but I'll leave that for another day and another post. I can't seem to wrap my head around this premise that the fault lies with the mother and child and not with the teacher. Schools have bullying policies, teachers should be equipped to set boundaries in the classroom, monitor behavior and discipline appropriately. So what do you think?
Am I the only one who thinks these comments are horrible? And this situation, you thoughts?