January 25, 2013

Break

I probably won't be posting anything much this week. I had to go out of town.

Did you ever hear the expression life happens when we make other plans? Well so does death......

I'm not quite sure what I had planned for this week, probably just a quiet week at home.

Then the phone call came. A dear friend passed away. His wife is in an assisted living home and his two living children are both adults but with special needs.

A small group of us, his friends  the extension of his natural family have gone to make his arrangements and send him home to his Father in heaven.

13 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. What a good friend you are to help out in a time of need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care and see you when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for the loss of your friend, Jen. It is comforting that he had that extension of friends in you and others to help the family through this so rough of time!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, so good you are able to be there and help out at this time. That's what friends are for.Take care and see you when you return.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear, Jen. I'm sure the family is comforted by the help of you and your friends. Sending thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry for your loss, but I am sure the family feels blessed to have friends such as yourself to help them in their time of need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful group of friends you have sharing in this together. My condolences to all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry for your loss.

    thinking of you. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry for your loss. My husband's auntie passed away this week too,expected for quite a while but it's always a shock when it does happen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry for your loss.
    take care..

    ReplyDelete
  11. God be with you Jen, and with the family.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always interested in what you have to say...
Comments are appreciated!