January 27, 2011

JEN'S CODE

The Daily Beast 

The following was reported in the Daily Beast:

Color-Coded Threat Alarms Phased Out

The much-mocked, color-coded terror threat system used by the U.S. government since after Sept. 11, 2001 is on its way out. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano is expected to announce the change on Thursday. "Though the system served a valuable purpose in the terrible days and months following the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, it was clearly time for the current color-coded system to be replaced with a more targeted system," said Rep. Peter King (R-NY), who sits on the House Homeland Security Commission. The system will be replaced with a new version that identifies threats in specific geographic areas.


If your not familiar with what the code looks like I have put a copy of it below for you viewing pleasure.



I always followed my own personal advisory system which is pictured below. Those who have made a habit of traveling with me can attest to my strict adherence to the code. YELLOW is my constant companion when traveling....


I along with Homeland Security am hanging up my color coded system, removing my words of warning and sending those rainbow colors back to whence they came...... to the great rainbow in the sky, back to the sixties and gay pride where they belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested in what you have to say...
Comments are appreciated!