December 24, 2011

I can't wait to give them this gift...

When Bill and I were in Barbados we spent our last evening at a street fair of sorts, there were some VERY talented artisans there.  As we strolled up and down looking through the shacks and the tents we came upon a man was selling art on canvas; just the type of art my son in law and daughter collect. With Christmas coming it was perfect!

They particularly love that Afro-Caribbean- Jazz vibe smokey room- art; it's usually has one or more people, musical instruments and vibrant colors.  Bill and I were both drawn to many of the pieces that the man had in his booth but one in particular spoke to us as perfect for our daughter and her hubby. Luckily for us it was the perfect size to put in our luggage so we made a deal for a price and we had a perfect Christmas gift.... almost!



We then made our way to the framer when we returned. How can I describe picking the perfect frame? The process is in itself an art and here is where the professionals are really helpful. It was a quite difficult process plus there was the fact that we were fending off offers from other patrons to buy the art piece, we could have made a hefty profit! There wasn't a person on line who wasn't oooh-ing and aaah-ing at this painting. Anyhoo, we found the PERFECT frame!

I sure hope Heather and Bo like this gift as much as we do.

My Mom says if this picture was fruit she'd want to eat it!

What do you think? You like?








4 comments:

  1. If they don't like it, you can always send it to me ;-)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous gift Jen! I most defintely think I'd appreciate such a present.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa-Jackie& Ariana

    We're giving them the painting on Wed.

    They're both off on Wed so we're doing second Christmas, I'll be sure to post some pictures, that's if I get some good ones.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always interested in what you have to say...
Comments are appreciated!