January 11, 2013

call me

If someone told you there was a crazy lady laughing hysterical alone in the middle of the Walgreen's parking lot the other day pay no mind, it was just me!

I just upgraded my cell phone over the holiday. I considered getting an I-Phone but then quickly rejected that idea when I decided I didn't want to learn a new phone; I've had an Android for a few years and really liked it a lot.

Not looking to make my life any more complicated I decided to just go with the Razr M which is also a Droid just newer and much improved. It's much faster, flatter, bigger, sleeker and it has tons more apps.  Still there are quite a few differences that I need to learn.

I admit it I'm not an instruction booklet reader, OK I said it. 


Ask my husband.

We went out the other day. I had the new phone all set up the way I wanted, phone lists, ringer, apps, clock, weather...everything. I was so pleased with myself all done without reading a word.

While were having lunch with my Mom at a local restaurant Mom and she asked me to run into the CVS two doors down from the restaurant to pick up a certain item for her. When they didn't have what she wanted I went  across the street to the Walgreen's.

As I left Walgreen's with her purchase my phone rang for the very first time. There I was standing in the parking lot of Walgreen's looking at my new phone and it dawned on me.

I didn't know how to answer it.


I laughed out loud when during my first attempt to answer my new cell I hung up on Bill who was calling to find out where the heck I was!!

Have I mentioned I don't like to read instructions?











Don't miss my next blog post. 
Follow me on Google friend connect or 
if you’d like you can subscribe and receive my posts by e-mail.
Both are located on the right side-bar.   
And while you’re at it don’t forget to come visit me at my other blog.
It’s called “I blog it as I see it” 
Just click here.      

17 comments:

  1. I love it!! I can see myself doing this. I don't have a smart phone because I don't want to learn how to use it, LOL, and my basic cell phone son and hubby set up for me. I don't even know how to change it from vibrate to ring, they do it for me when I need it changed. I do, fortunately, know how to answer it :)

    have a good weekend!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so understand about not reading instructions - they never make sense to me. I have to have someone to show me how to use a gadget. I'm also the same regarding the rules and instructions for playing games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed out loud! You'd laugh if you saw my old flip phone. I don't want to upgrade and have to learn a new one and my kids and grandkids are too busy to instruct me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you.....the only reason I don't still have Rana's old flip phone from her university years is that she insisted I needed a new phone so we could text while her father & I went on vacation last fall.....oh well...we did text, while on vacation. I must say I felt pretty cool while doing it, but I could just take my little pink flip phone back now, and be quite happy. I am certainly not a "techie". I still have to get Rana or Mark to download music to my IPod, for gawd's sake!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I have an iPhone, and I've owned one for years. However, I don't take advantage of all the apps, which drives my kids crazy. They don't think I deserve an iPhone. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! When I helped my dad set up his phone, I said okay let's do a test call. He couldn't answer it either. LOL. He said, "Man I'm glad that didn't happen at a meeting." I'm not much on reading instructions either but my dad WILL read a manual from cover to cover so he's discovered some cool things about his Android. I like to read 'articles' that tell me about the cool things someone else discovered. That's more entertaining than reading a manual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm an iPhone gal. When my husband got his new Android phone, I didn't know how to answer it either! I just watched it ring and then handed him the phone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny!! I still hang up on people if I get a call while I'm on my phone. I fear I'm getting too old to keep up with technology, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny! Little Miss Know-It-All!! Must be the heat there in Virginia in January!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I gotta admit...this gave me quite the chuckle! I haven't had a new phone in years, so I am not laughing too loudly in case the Karma Gods hear me.
    :-)

    I got a Nexus 7 for Christmas. It's basically a tablet android. Lucky for me, it doesn't ring. And I am still trying to figure it out. Who needs instructions?? It'd take too long to read all those. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol.. that is hilarious.. coming from another non instruction manual reader.. I have so many more interesting things I could read and don't find the time for.. must I seriously must some of the precious time on a manual.. no siree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
    you are a woman after my own heart <3 Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have had the same phone for almost 5 years now.... It really is time for a new one -- mine looks pretty beat up. I can see myself doing the same thing, though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I laughed out loud when I read this too. When I first got my iphone I never hung up on anyone, (finished a call ) well I didn't know you had to.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always interested in what you have to say...
Comments are appreciated!