"He hath given his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways" (Ps. 90:11)
In my entire life even in my darkest moments I’ve never actually felt alone. Now I must in full honesty disclose a few facts however; I come from a big family then got married and had a family numbering seven (five kids).
Spiritually speaking I am a person of faith and I've always believed in angels. But I don't really ever remember the nuns telling me I had my own Guardian Angel; maybe I was sick that day. To be honest I am very open to the thought that maybe that's another reason I've never ever felt alone.
So I've decided that my “G” today would be guardian angel.
What about you. Do you believe in guardian angels?
Here are some basic Angel facts before we get to the specifics of what guardian angels do.
- Angels are spirits created by God, they do not have bodies, they do however have understanding and free will.
- Angels are spiritual beings superior to man and inferior to God; this is of faith. We do not know the number of angels, but we can infer from Holy Scripture that their number is very great.
- Before the creation of man, God created hosts of angel; they are pure spirit without bodies in contrast to man.
- When angels or devils appear to men, they assume human form or some other visible shape. Thus the angel that appeared to the Mary assumed human form. The devil that tempted Eve appeared as a serpent.
Even demons are pure spirits. They were angels before they became devils.The word "angel" means messenger, and angels have often been sent by God to make known His will to men.
What is a Guardian Angel?
- Guardian angels help us by praying for us, by protecting us from harm, and by inspiring us to do good.
- Our guardian angels watch over each of us from birth to death.
- We should always love and pray to our guardian angel who never leaves our side.
- The Catholic Church (yes I'm Catholic) celebrates the feast of the guardian angels on October 2.(my son Eric's birthday)
Guardian angels help us stay positive, moving our will to what is good. They protect souls and bodies in danger. They offer our prayers and good works to God. They pray for us and help us in our work and with our needs.