April 15, 2012

when nature calls

"N"
I thought today since it's Saturday and most of us are going about our chores and spending time with our family that I'd do something a bit different kinda low maintenance, less wordy. I would like to show you in pictures the natural beauty that surrounds us every day where we live.

My "N" words for today Natural and Nature.

Bill and I actually live on a rather large piece of property, 26.5 acres in a rural area of Virginia. It really is a lovely piece of land. Sometimes it calls to me.... Jen get off the couch and come outside and enjoy my beauty.

 I'll then go out in the quiet and walk, listen to the birds or take in the quiet enjoy that very beauty that surrounds me every day; drink in the smells of the flowers and the grass.

Today I'd like to share a tiny bit of that with you .....I do hope you're enjoying my photographs. I haven't used any photographs in the A-Z Challenge however today nature calls hee hee! I could hardly pass up an opportunity to share my beautiful plants with you. 

Nature is man's teacher. 
She unfolds her treasure to his search, 
unseals his eye, illumes his mind, 
and purifies his heart; 
an influence breathes from all the sights and sounds 
of her existence. 
Alfred Billings Street 




The hen's and chick are multiplying more than usual in the front garden since the spring has been so lengthy this year. In fact everything in our yard is greener and more lush than I've ever seen it.
Nature abounds! 


And this sweet little flower is a left over from last year.


These are little peaches from a four year old tree in our back yard. I might have a lot of peaches this year. Who knows I might have to try my hand at jam or ice-cream. 






I truly wish that computers had a scratch and sniff button or option because my lilacs are so amazingly fragrant; I just wish you could smell them!












There aren't many blooms left on my Magnolia but this is really beautiful cast against the gleaming green leaves. This tree is rather young only about eleven years old but it's a beauty.














And this is one of many azalea's that we have at our house, this particular one sits right in front of our deck. During the day it is actually buzzing with different types of bees and hummingbirds; it's as if the bush is alive.

I hope you've enjoyed the pictures may they serve as a reminder to get outside and enjoy a bit of nature yourself this weekend....maybe with the one you love; that's always best :)

26 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS PICTURES!!! Wow!!! Lilacs are my favorite, I can't wait until ours are bloomin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hens and chicks and their purple tips AND lilacs are my favorite smelling flowers. My bushes are getting close! Can't wait. I could sit and watch hummingbirds all day.

    Thanks for taking me outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, You have some beautiful plants in your yard! My faves are the magnolia (beautiful!), the lilacs (I can almost smell them from here), and your peach tree (looks very similar to our Belle of Georgia...your fruit is about the same size as ours). Fun post...I enjoyed the tour. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what species of peach it is, it could very well be a Georgia Belle. I love the lilac's. they're a sentimental favorite of mine, they surrounded my childhood home so we planted them here when we moved here.

      Delete
  4. Love the photos. Ironically, I took a photo of my lilacs today and posted them on Facebook. I love spring flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so darn beautiful, we have several around our house of differing varieties; reminds me of home- the one i grew up in!

      Delete
    2. When I started my garden I had lots of time for it now. Now, with my busy writing life, my garden suffers. :(

      Delete
  5. The flowers are absolutely beautiful, and the peaches look delicious! The vivid colors just jump off of the page! You are a fantastic photographer! Now I better go outside and pick some weeds! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those photos are absolutely stunning!
    I haven't had anything pop up in my garden yet...only the leaves. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been hotter than $h^% here, the bright side, no garden, no weeds!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful photos! Is that first one artichokes? Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are great. Looking at nature never fails to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photos! Thank you for sharing! My lilacs are also in bloom here in Iowa! ~ Angela, Whole Foods Living, http://www.wholefoodsliving.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They grow everywhere no wonder why they're such a favorite!

      Delete
  10. Your pictures are incredible! Stopping by from the Challenge. Signing up to follow. Hope you'll visit back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment and for stopping by, I'm appreciate the visit always like meeting new friends.

      Delete
  11. Your photos paint a wonderful picture of your surroundings. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. pretty pictures! especially the one of the white flowers.

    Sonia Lal, A to Z challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore azaleas but can't get them to grow properly...we are way too far north. But, lilacs...ah. Mine are fragrant this year too, more so than any other year in remembrance. And my lilies of the valley are poking out and perfuming the yard too. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such loveliness! I'd be answering the call to go outdoors too if that's what was outside my house!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved this post-- with all of the beautiful photography. Then I got to the end and loved it all over again. I have a long day ahead of me, but I just mentally scheduled a walk with my babies for tonight--even if it will be almost 7 when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love panseys, they are my favorite flowet. I have been lurking for a couple of weeks without commenting. I'm back.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great photos, especially since I live in the desert! I too wish you had smell sharing abilities because I love the scent of lilacs in spring!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always interested in what you have to say...
Comments are appreciated!